Don't see an opportunity with Farm Mutual Re?
Check out our Mutual Career Opportunities section for careers within the Ontario Mutuals.
For more information on careers in the insurance industry, please visit the Insurance Institue's Career Connections website:
Co-operative Education & Internship Program
Co-operative education assists students in university or college and students entering the workplace in making career decisions, as well as in developing knowledge, skills, and attitudes essential in today's environment. It increases self-confidence and self-reliance while providing an opportunity for students to transfer the knowledge gained in the classroom through practical use in a workplace setting.
Farm Mutual Re's co-operative education program has been developed to
- Increase awareness of Farm Mutual Re;
- Enhance awareness of the Mutual Insurance Community, Mutuality and the Insurance Industry as a whole; and
- Develop a workforce of potential future employees with skills and a positive work ethic to support the industry.
We offer exciting and challenging work term placements that are 4 to 8 months in length, with possibilities of extensions.
Please check our Career Opportunities page and your school's co-op website for current co-op and internship opportunities. Also keep an eye out for us at local campus career events!
Who should apply?
Farm Mutual Re is interested in students who are enrolled in post-secondary programs such as
- Information Technology/Computer Science
- Actuarial Sciences
- Environmental Studies
- Business Administration
- Human Resources
Why complete a co-op placement or internship at Farm Mutual Re?
- It is a unique learning experience that will allow you to discover more about reinsurance and the mutual insurance industry, while gaining hands-on experience
- Where possible, students may have opportunities to visit and work with some of our Member Companies
- It may open up possibilities for a future career within the mutual insurance industry