Join our Canadian reinsurance company and experience the passion it takes to empower and advance our mutual insurance community!
We currently have an amazing opportunity to join one of Kitchener/Waterloo’s top employers as a Front Office Ambassador. In this exciting position, you will have the opportunity to join a culture that prides itself on being honest and transparent, believes in delivering on its promises, and is committed to doing what is right.
As a member of our Business Operations team, the Front Office Ambassador acts as the first point of contact at our office located in Cambridge. The role is responsible for helping present the brand in a positive and pleasant way by demonstrating a high level of customer service and creating a friendly and welcoming environment.
The Front Office Ambassador interacts with employees, business partners and visitors on a day-to-day basis and builds rapport by engaging in conversation. This role requires exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with friendly and professional telephone etiquette. This role requires collaboration with all organizations located within the building as well as collaboration and communication with the representatives within Building Services. The role also provides administrative support to other teams where necessary, processes outgoing mail and couriers and assists in the coordination of office and kitchen supplies and catering requests.
This role does not provide the opportunity for remote work.
As the successful candidate, you will be accountable for:
- Answering and routing incoming calls on a multi-line telephone system
- Acting as a first point of contact providing a welcoming and friendly first impression
- Ensuring all guests in the building are identified and directing them to the appropriate individual or location
- Signing for, reviewing and distributing all incoming mail, couriers and deliveries
- Maintaining employee contact lists and business partner mailing lists
- Maintaining office supply inventory in the mailroom and coordinating purchases as required
- Maintaining kitchen supply inventory and coordinating purchases as required
- Providing support with the ordering of catering for internal events and/or meetings
- Coordinating meeting room booking and scheduling of meetings as required
- Assisting with filing of paperwork as required
- Assisting with special events as needed
- Providing other administrative support as required
Your Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous experience as a receptionist or other office administrative role is essential
- High school diploma required; post-secondary education is a definite asset
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Advanced proficiency in the use of a multi-line phone system
- Utmost discretion and confidentiality
- Excellent communications skills both written and oral
- A team player who actively collaborates with others
Join Our Team!
Recognized as one of Waterloo Area’s Top Employers 2022 as well as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022, at Farm Mutual Re we are committed to inclusion for all and cultivating belonging where everyone can be their authentic and best selves. Operating since 1959, Farm Mutual Re is a general reinsurer, sharing in the property, automobile, liability and other risks originally accepted by insurance companies operating principally in Canada and the United States.
We’re passionate about empowering and supporting our employees and business partners. Our relationships are the foundation that helps us advance the mutual insurance community. We take pride in giving back to our community and the environment. We hold ourselves accountable for the promises we make to our members, employees and business partners.
Our office is in Cambridge, Ontario off the 401 in a state-of-the-art, environmentally friendly building. Our employees enjoy perks that include complimentary access to an on-site gym, a variety of fitness classes, wellness coaching, a ping-pong table and mini massages. Our culture is supportive of achieving a balanced and healthy lifestyle. In addition to a great working environment, we invest in our employees continued professional development, offer a competitive salary and more.
How to Apply:
Don’t miss this opportunity to join our team. Visit our website and complete our Employment Application.
In accordance with our company values, Farm Mutual Re is committed to creating an equitable, diverse, and inclusive work environment for all, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or age.
Farm Mutual Re is committed to providing accommodations and to achieving a barrier-free workplace for individuals with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation to participate in our recruitment process, we will support you by considering your individual accessibility needs.