Join our Canadian reinsurance company and experience the passion it takes to empower and advance our mutual insurance community!
If you are enthusiastic about exploring a career as an Actuarial Analyst, then this is the perfect role for you! Within this unique and exciting position, you will have the opportunity to join a culture that prides itself on being honest, transparent, believes in delivering on their promises and is committed to doing what is right.
This is an 8-month contract position: May 2021 – December 2021
Your focus is to provide general support to our Actuarial Department. Responsibilities for this role will include:
• Assisting with reinsurance pricing in developing rating models, reviewing annual rate indications, and selecting various pricing parameters
• Conducting performance analysis on individual contracts to provide support to the renewals and rate changes
• Developing and producing various data exhibits and analysis relating to measuring, tracking, and monitoring company and industry performance
• Facilitating the documentation process on rating procedures
You will also gain knowledge and skills through participating and assistance in educational sessions, meetings and round table discussions.
YOUR SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Recently completed a degree program in Actuarial Sciences
• Must have completed a minimum of four (4) actuarial exams
• Strong analytical skill to conduct detailed analysis of information
• Sound computer software knowledge, particularly MS Excel and Access
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work well as part of a team as well as independently
• Experience conducting research and compiling reports
• Co-op actuarial experience with knowledge of property and casualty insurance principles as well as basic ratemaking and reserving procedures would be considered an asset
• Experience with R programming would be considered an asset
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE OFFER:
Recognized as a Top 20 Employer for the Kitchener/Waterloo region and as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers by the Canada’s Top 100 Employers competition, Farm Mutual Re has been operating since 1959. Farm Mutual Re is a general reinsurer, sharing in the property, automobile, liability and other risks originally accepted by insurance companies operating principally in Canada and the United States.
But, we’re more than a reinsurer! We build deep-rooted relationships that drive trust and success. Our relationships are the foundation that helps us empower and advance the mutual insurance community. We take pride in giving back to our community and the environment. We hold ourselves accountable for the promises we make to our members, employees and valued business partners.
At Farm Mutual Re, not only are we invested in the success of our mutual community, but we believe that our employees are our greatest asset. Our office is in Cambridge, Ontario off the 401 in a state-of-the-art, environmentally friendly building. Our employees enjoy perks including complimentary access to an on-site gym, yoga classes, ping-pong table and mini-massages. Our culture is supportive of achieving a balanced, healthy and family-oriented lifestyle. In addition to a great working environment, we invest in our employees continued professional development, offer a competitive salary, employer-paid benefits, pension plan and more.
HOW TO APPLY:
Don’t miss this opportunity to join our team. Visit our website and complete our Employment Application by Friday March 26th. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Farm Mutual Re is committed to providing accommodations and to achieving a barrier-free workplace for individuals with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation to participate in our recruitment process, we will support you by considering your individual accessibility needs.