Join our Canadian reinsurance company and experience the passion it takes to empower and advance our mutual insurance community!
We currently have an amazing opportunity to join one of Kitchener/Waterloo’s top employers as an AVP Loss Control Services, leading our Loss Control Services team. Within this exciting position, you will have the opportunity to join a culture that prides itself on being honest, transparent, believes in delivering on their promises and is committed to doing what is right.
The AVP, Loss Control Services acts as the liaison between Farm Mutual Re and our member and non-member companies, reinsurance partners and mutual associations. The AVP Loss Control Services is responsible for creating, implementing, maintaining, and monitoring efficient and effective management framework in alignment with the core values and vision of the Company and in so doing, help the Company protect its reinsurance capacity.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Create, implement, maintain, and monitor efficient and effective policies, standards, guidelines, processes, and procedures to achieve Loss Control Services goals and objectives
- Work with other members of the management team to create strategic goals and tactical objectives by monitoring trends, identifying changes in the environment, and balancing department requirements related to the delivery and execution of risk assessments
- Monitor the thermal imaging program and the operation of infra-red cameras by risk assessment staff
- Research emerging trends in agribusiness and risk management initiatives and recommend changes to member companies’ loss prevention, underwriting and risk practices
- Complete risk assessments for unique, large or unusual risks as required. This includes thermal imaging, site plan drawing, and report preparation
- Compile and prepare loss prevention and risk management reports, summaries and studies as required. Analyze and verify reports and other information compiled by the Loss Control Services field staff
- Support ongoing growth and development of the Loss Control Services team members
- Ensure member company service and satisfaction
Your Skills and Qualifications:
- 10 years of experience in a loss control role with at least 5 years of leadership/management experience
- Post secondary education in a related field
- A CIP/FCIP designation is preferred
- Solid leadership, mentorship and development skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, strategic planning and analytical abilities, superior written and verbal communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of agribusiness, farming and commercial operations and their related issues
- Must have knowledge of the National Building Code, the Ontario Electrical Code, and the Ontario Fire Code
- Progressive experience performing Risk Assessments or Loss Control Assessments of both farm and commercial properties
- Ability to develop, implement and monitor loss control procedures, practices, standards and controls to drive results for operational excellence, financial performance, customer service, and legislative compliance
- The ability to effectively and quickly build trust-based relationships with multiple stakeholders
- The courage to make tough decisions and deliver difficult messages with professionalism and poise
- The ability to exercise good judgment, tact and sensitivity in dealing with internal and external contacts
- Flexible, results oriented and the ability to deliver on timelines and budgets
- And most importantly, the ability to participate in company decision-making as a member of the Farm Mutual Re Leadership team
Join Our Team!
Recognized as a Top 20 Employer for the Kitchener/Waterloo region and as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers by the Canada’s Top 100 Employers competition, Farm Mutual Re has been operating since 1959. Farm Mutual Re is a general reinsurer, sharing in the property, automobile, liability and other risks originally accepted by insurance companies operating principally in Canada and the United States.
But…we are more than a reinsurer! We build deep-rooted relationships that drive trust and success. Our relationships are the foundation that helps us empower and advance the mutual insurance community. We take pride in giving back to our community and the environment. We hold ourselves accountable for the promises we make to our members, employees and business partners.
At Farm Mutual Re, not only are we invested in the success of our mutual community, but we believe that our employees are our greatest asset. Our office is in Cambridge, Ontario off the 401 in a state-of-the-art, environmentally friendly building. Our employees enjoy perks that include complimentary access to an on-site gym, yoga classes, ping-pong table and mini-massages. Our culture is supportive of achieving a balanced, healthy and family-oriented lifestyle. In addition to a great working environment, we invest in our employees continued professional development, offer a competitive salary, employer-paid benefits, pension plan and more.
How to Apply:
Don’t miss this opportunity to join our team. Visit our website and complete our Employment Application.
Farm Mutual Re is committed to providing accommodations and to achieving a barrier-free workplace for individuals with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation to participate in our recruitment process, we will support you by considering your individual accessibility needs.