Join our Canadian reinsurance company and experience the passion it takes to empower and advance our mutual insurance community!
We currently have an amazing opportunity to join one of Kitchener/Waterloo’s top employers as a Risk Assessor within our Loss Control Services Department. Within this exciting position, you will have the opportunity to join a culture that prides itself on being honest, transparent, delivers on their promises and is committed to doing what is right.
Your role will involve working as a risk assessor as part of a two-person risk assessment team to complete loss control risk assessments of large and complex policyholder properties.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Perform detailed risk assessments of policyholder properties, considering the fire code, building code, electrical code or any other codes or standards that may apply
- Use thermal imaging technology to assess the condition of the electrical and mechanical systems
- Review the site for potential environmental concerns
- Assist in responding to risk management or loss control questions from Farm Mutual managers, underwriters, loss prevention personnel, policyholders or brokers and agents
- Prepare and deliver risk management training to Member Company employees or the public
- Continually keep current of new standards and codes, or new construction methods for farm buildings, commercial and residential properties
Your Skills and Qualifications:
- Progressive experience performing Risk Assessments or Loss Control Assessments of both farm and commercial properties
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- Possess or working towards related designations, i.e. CET, Licensed Technologist OAA
- Thorough knowledge of agribusiness, farming and commercial operations and their related issues
- Thorough knowledge of farm and commercial construction practices
- Must have a working knowledge of the National Building Code, the Ontario Electrical Code, and the Ontario Fire Code
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office and excellent computer skills are mandatory
- Proven ability to work independently and to organize workload and schedule
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, report writing, and analytical skills are mandatory
- Knowledge of thermal imaging cameras would be beneficial
- The ability to travel extensively within a predetermined area with overnight trips – 80% travel within the province of Ontario, with occasional out of province travel
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle are mandatory
Additional Skills and Qualifications:
- Electrical engineering or technology education would be an asset
Join Our Team!
Recognized as a Top 20 Employer for the Kitchener/Waterloo region and as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers by the Canada’s Top 100 Employers competition, Farm Mutual Re has been operating since 1959. Farm Mutual Re is a general reinsurer, sharing in the property, automobile, liability and other risks originally accepted by insurance companies operating principally in Canada and the United States.
But…we are more than a reinsurer! We build deep-rooted relationships that drive trust and success. Our relationships are the foundation that helps us empower and advance the mutual insurance community. We take pride in giving back to our community and the environment. We hold ourselves accountable for the promises we make to our members, employees and business partners.
At Farm Mutual Re, not only are we invested in the success of our mutual community, but we believe that our employees are our greatest asset. Our office is in Cambridge, Ontario off the 401 in a state-of-the-art, environmentally friendly building. Our employees enjoy perks that include complimentary access to an on-site gym, yoga classes, ping-pong table and mini-massages. Our culture is supportive of achieving a balanced, healthy and family-oriented lifestyle. In addition to a great working environment, we invest in our employees continued professional development, offer a competitive salary, employer-paid benefits, pension plan and more.
How to Apply:
Don’t miss this opportunity to join our team. Visit our website and complete our Employment Application by Friday, February 15, 2019.
Farm Mutual Re is committed to providing accommodations and to achieving a barrier-free workplace for individuals with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation to participate in our recruitment process, we will support you by considering your individual accessibility needs.