Join our Canadian reinsurance company and experience the passion it takes to empower and advance our mutual insurance community!
If you are enthusiastic about exploring a career as an Actuarial Analyst, then this is the perfect role for you! In this role you will work within our Analytic Services Department and gain in depth and unique experience through the pricing of insurance products, pricing exercises, valuation practices, profitability review and rate filing changes.
Anticipated Start: May 2020
Your focus is to provide general actuarial support to our Analytic Services Department. Responsibilities for this role will include:
- Prepare reports for property rate reviews, creating rate impact and dislocation tools
- Assist with research and statistical analysis to establish pricing of insurance products
- Conducts portfolio analysis on individual member companies to identify areas of opportunity
- Contribute in development and production of reports, pricing exercises, valuation practices, and profitability review
- Provides analysis to support rate filing changes
- Assist with marketable, profitable and innovative product development
- Developing and producing various data exhibits and analysis relating to measuring, tracking, and monitoring company and industry performance
- Facilitating the documentation process on rating procedures
- Create monthly department service reports
You will also gain knowledge and skills through participating and assistance in educational sessions, meetings and round table discussions.
Your Skills and Qualifications:
- Currently enrolled in or completed a degree program in Actuarial Sciences
- Must have completed a minimum of four (4) actuarial exams
- Strong analytical skill to conduct detailed analysis of information
- Advanced computer software knowledge, particularly MS Excel and Access
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience conducting research and compiling reports
- Co-op actuarial experience with knowledge of property and casualty insurance principles as well as basic ratemaking and reserving procedures would be considered an asset
- Experience with R programming would be considered an asset
Join Our Team!
Recognized as a top employer for the Kitchener/Waterloo region, and as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers by the Canada’s Top 100 Employers competition, Farm Mutual Re has been operating since 1959. Farm Mutual Re is a general reinsurer, sharing in the property, automobile, liability and other risks originally accepted by insurance companies operating principally in Canada and the United States.
But we are more than a reinsurer! We build deep-rooted relationships that drive trust and success. Our relationships are the foundation that helps us empower and advance the mutual insurance community. We take pride in giving back to our community and the environment. We hold ourselves accountable for the promises we make to our members, employees, and business partners.
At Farm Mutual Re, not only are we invested in the success of our mutual community but we believe that our employees are our greatest asset. Our office is in Cambridge, Ontario, off the 401, in a state-of-the-art, environmentally friendly building. Our employees enjoy perks that include a dress for your day dress code, complimentary access to an on-site gym, a comprehensive wellness program that includes fitness classes, wellness coaching, wellness challenges and lunch and learns. Our culture is supportive of achieving a balanced, healthy, and family-oriented lifestyle. In addition to a great working environment, we invest in our employees continued professional development, offer a competitive salary, employer-paid benefits, pension plan and more.
How To Apply:
Don’t miss this opportunity to join our team. Visit our website and complete our Employment Application.
Farm Mutual Re is committed to providing accommodations and to achieving a barrier-free workplace for individuals with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation to participate in our recruitment process, we will support you by considering your individual accessibility needs.