Join our Canadian reinsurance company and experience the passion it takes to empower and advance our mutual insurance community!
Farm Mutual Re is currently seeking a curious, collaborative, people-oriented innovation designer to join our Enterprise Innovation group, inspiring Farm Mutual Re to become the global reinsurer of choice. With a strong understanding of innovation design, this individual will lead the design strategy and innovation prototype process from end to end. This individual will also support the development of innovation programming and champion the organization’s participation in the external innovation ecosystem.
The Head, Innovation Design primarily focuses on innovation execution. This includes managing the ideation and prototype process, working closely with the Enterprise Innovation group to deliver MVPs and POCs that create opportunities for scale. Additionally, the incumbent will develop a vision for, build, and manage an Innovation Design team. The successful candidate can expect to:
- Lead and manage the innovation design practice for the Enterprise Innovation group
- Manage iteration and testing of the innovation process, with specific focus on prototypes
- Deliver MVPs and POCs with the Enterprise Innovation group
- Work closely with fellow team leaders to create cohesion and enable a team-driven approach
- Communicate innovation design process and outcomes across the organization, leveraging strong storytelling, influencing, and negotiating skills
- Build and manage the Innovation Design team
- Advocate for innovation design practices across the organization
- Support the development of innovation programming to enable Farm Mutual Re organizationally
- Engage with internal and external partners to deliver programming and to provide ideas for program approach
- Support the organization’s participation in the external innovation ecosystem, including assisting with storytelling and relationship building
- Identify opportunities for empowerment of leadership to support the Innovation mandate
- Diploma or Degree in Design Strategy, UX Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 7-10 years experience in Design Strategy or UX Design, with experience leading a team of Designers and Researchers
- Experience in Innovation and/or Research and Development
- Strong storytelling ability to influence and negotiate with internal business partners and external partners
- Ability to think laterally to connect multiple dots and identify patterns
- Proficiency in English, written and oral, is required.
Join Our Team!
Recognized as a Top 20 Employer for the Kitchener/Waterloo region and as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers by the Canada’s Top 100 Employers competition, Farm Mutual Re has been operating since 1959. Farm Mutual Re is a general reinsurer, sharing in the property, automobile, liability, and other risks originally accepted by insurance companies operating principally in Canada and the United States.
But we are more than a reinsurer! We build deep-rooted relationships that drive trust and success. Our relationships are the foundation that helps us empower and advance the mutual insurance community. We take pride in giving back to our community and the environment. We hold ourselves accountable for the promises we make to our members, employees, and business partners.
At Farm Mutual Re, we take our values to heart and put them into our work every day. Our office is in Cambridge, Ontario, off the 401, in a state-of-the-art, environmentally friendly building. We support a work from home environment that includes technology and home office furniture support. We focus on the wellness of our employees providing complimentary access to virtual fitness classes and one-on-one wellness coaching. Our culture is supportive of achieving a balanced, healthy, and family-oriented lifestyle. In addition to a great working environment, we invest in our employees continued professional development, offer a competitive salary, employer-paid benefits, pension plan and more.
How to Apply:
Don’t miss this opportunity to join our team. Visit our website and complete our Employment Application.
In accordance with our company values, Farm Mutual Re is committed to creating an equitable, diverse, and inclusive work environment for all, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or age.
Farm Mutual Re is committed to providing accommodations and to achieving a barrier-free workplace for individuals with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation to participate in our recruitment process, we will support you by considering your individual accessibility needs.