Join our Canadian reinsurance company and help us empower and advance our mutual insurance community!
We have an excellent opportunity to join one of Waterloo Region’s top employers as a Business Project Coordinator!
With this position, you will have the opportunity to join a culture that takes pride in being honest, delivering on promises, and is committed to doing what is right. You will be given the opportunity to contribute to shaping the future of project management for a company committed to empowering their team members to succeed.
Please note this position will be hybrid with work being completed remotely and in person.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Business Project Coordinator is primarily focused on coordinating diverse and innovative organizational projects from planning to delivery. In this capacity, you will be able to demonstrate your broad and flexible toolkit of techniques, managing interdependent activities into tasks and sub-tasks. We are seeking an energetic individual committed to continuous improvement in a collaborative work environment. The Business Project Coordinator contributes to the success of the organization through the success of projects focused on managing risk and advancing the strategy.
- Project Coordination
- In collaboration with the Project Lead, work proactively to assist the initiatives in all aspects of planning, day-to-day implementation, and maintenance of the project
- Utilizes appropriate project management tools to plan project timelines, tasks, milestones, and deadlines.
- Plans and facilitates project meetings to align the project team to methods, and goals to track project tasks.
- Project Monitoring and Communication
- Proactively monitors project milestone completion, troubleshoots potential project bottlenecks, and collaborates on developing effective action plans.
- Communicates the status of each project to various interested parties.
- Builds relations and liaises amongst project members, cross-functional teams, external vendors, and other interested parties to ensure deliverables, requirements, schedules, costs, and meeting plans are communicated.
Your Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 1-year experience in project administration preferably in an insurance, financial institution, or corporate environment with familiarity in established project management tools and techniques.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills including the ability to work with deadlines and adapt to ever-changing priorities.
- Strong team player with the ability to work well independently.
- Adaptive and agile, able to rapidly pivot your efforts between multiple priorities as business needs change to deliver value to our customers.
- Self driven, able to move tasks and projects forward independently and with personal accountability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to provide and present timely and relevant reporting to interested parties.
- Completed post-secondary education or equivalent work experience.
- Working towards a professional certification such as the PMP (Project Management Professional) or equivalent designation relevant to the role is considered an asset.
We also take potential into consideration. If you do not have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Join Our Team!
Recognized as one of Waterloo Area’s Top Employers 2022 as well as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022, at Farm Mutual Re we are committed to inclusion for all and cultivating belonging where everyone can be their authentic and best selves. Operating since 1959, Farm Mutual Re is a general reinsurer, sharing in the property, automobile, liability, and other risks originally accepted by insurance companies operating principally in Canada.
We’re passionate about empowering and supporting our employees and business partners. Our relationships are the foundation that helps us advance the mutual insurance community. We take pride in giving back to our community and the environment. We hold ourselves accountable for the promises we make to our members, employees, and valued business partners.
Our office is in Cambridge, Ontario off the 401 in a state-of-the-art, environmentally friendly building. Our employees enjoy perks including complimentary access to an on-site gym, a variety of fitness classes and wellness sessions, a ping-pong table, and mini-massages as well as the flexibility to work remotely as we embrace the modern hybrid work environment. Our culture is supportive of achieving a balanced and healthy lifestyle. In addition to a great working environment, we invest in our employees continued professional development, and offer a competitive salary, employer-paid benefits, a pension plan, and more.
How to Apply:
Don’t miss this opportunity to join our team. Visit our website to submit your cover letter, resume, and complete our Employment Application.
In accordance with our company values, Farm Mutual Re is committed to creating an equitable, diverse, and inclusive work environment for all, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or age.
Farm Mutual Re is committed to providing accommodations and to achieving a barrier-free workplace for individuals with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation to participate in our recruitment process, we will support you by considering your individual accessibility needs.