Join our Canadian reinsurance company and experience the passion it takes to empower and advance our mutual insurance community!
We currently have a unique opportunity for an experienced IT Cyber Security Analyst within our IT Department. The successful candidate will own our infrastructure security monitoring and alerting operations, incident response, vulnerability assessments and technical security review efforts.
This is an amazing opportunity to join one of Kitchener/Waterloo’s top employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers as recognized by the Top 100 Employers competition. In this exciting position, you will have the opportunity to join a culture that prides itself on being honest, transparent, believes in delivering on their promises, and is committed to doing what is right.
As IT Cyber Security Analyst, you will help ensure that our services, applications, and websites are secured against the latest threats. The successful candidate will have deep technical knowledge and a demonstrated background in Information Security, along with a positive attitude and proven people leadership skills.
We may require you to work nights, weekends or holidays on a rotational basis with the rest of the team to ensure 24×7 coverage.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Develop security operations processes and procedures to ensure comprehensive threat visibility, monitoring and alerting.
- Work with Cloud Operations and Information Security teams to coordinate the implementation and operation of technical security controls.
- Provide risk analysis of security infrastructure.
- Provide forensic investigation of our technology environments.
- Provide ongoing operations metrics for daily management of team and for leadership visibility.
- Own the IT and Cyber Risk regulatory compliance to IT and IT Risk Management domains.
- Enhance the existing security posture of Farm Mutual Re’s cloud infrastructure.
- Support and assist with external audits and assessments, certifications and accreditations to achieve and maintain compliance.
- Collaborate with the different IT teams as a subject matter expert (SME) to ensure implementation and compliance of control framework.
- Participate in the change management process to ensure adherence to compliance and security requirements.
- Ensure the cybersecurity awareness training of the new employees while coaching and developing the existing staff.
Your Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong experience with utilizing common security tools addressing the following cybersecurity areas:
- Syslog servers
- Network Security Monitoring tools
- Encryption Tools
- Web Vulnerability Scanning tools (i.e. OWASP)
- Network Defence Wireless Tools
- Packet Sniffers
- Antivirus Software
- PKI Services
- Managed Detection Services
- Penetration Testing
- Experience providing security administration and monitoring services for Microsoft Azure and Office 365 implementations.
- Solid understanding of log and monitoring management systems, security event monitoring systems, network-based and host-based intrusion detection systems, firewall technologies, malware detection and enterprise-level antivirus solutions/systems and encryptions standards.
- Strong conceptual and practical understanding of IT Infrastructure designs, technologies, products, and services.
- 3+ years of experience working in a Security Operations Center and performing analysis of security events is desirable.
- Understanding of frameworks, standards and assessments such as PIPEDA, ISO 27001, SOC1, SOC2, PCI, HIPAA, NIST, etc.
- Understanding of Risk Management frameworks (NIST, CoBIT, ISO, PCI DSS etc.).
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent work experience.
- CISSP, CCSP, CISA, CISM, GCIH, GIAC (SANS), CCNP or CCIE and/or other relevant security/network engineering certifications.
Join Our Team!
Recognized as a Top 20 Employer for the Kitchener/Waterloo region and as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers by the Canada’s Top 100 Employers competition, Farm Mutual Re has been operating since 1959. Farm Mutual Re is a general reinsurer, sharing in the property, automobile, liability and other risks originally accepted by insurance companies operating principally in Canada and the United States.
But we are more than a reinsurer! We build deep-rooted relationships that drive trust and success. Our relationships are the foundation that helps us empower and advance the mutual insurance community. We take pride in giving back to our community and the environment. We hold ourselves accountable for the promises we make to our members, employees and business partners.
At Farm Mutual Re, not only are we invested in the success of our mutual community, but we believe that our employees are our greatest asset. Our office is in Cambridge, Ontario, off the 401, in a state-of-the-art, environmentally friendly building. Our employees enjoy perks that include complimentary access to an on-site gym, fitness classes, and one-on-one wellness coaching. Our culture is supportive of achieving a balanced, healthy and family-oriented lifestyle. In addition to a great working environment, we invest in our employees continued professional development, offer a competitive salary, employer-paid benefits, pension plan and more.
How to Apply:
Don’t miss this opportunity to join our team.
Farm Mutual Re is committed to providing accommodations and to achieving a barrier-free workplace for individuals with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation to participate in our recruitment process, we will support you by considering your individual accessibility needs.