Join our Canadian reinsurance company and help us advance our mutual insurance community!
Do you have an intrinsic ability to link strategic vision to communication? Are you passionate about developing a brand and putting core values into the heart of your work? Do you love creating and implementing communications that seamlessly intertwine with organizational strategy? Are you able to turn complex information into simple, clear and brief messages? We currently have an amazing opportunity for a Communications Coordinator & Social Media Administrator in our Corporate Communications team. Within this exciting position, you will have the opportunity to join a culture that prides itself on being honest, transparent, believes in delivering on their promises and is committed to doing what is right.
This is a 15-month contract position. The role is hybrid with work being completed both remotely and in person.
Reporting to the Communications Manager, the Communications Coordinator & Social Media Administrator is responsible for the creation of corporate communications for internal and external audiences ensuring adherence to Farm Mutual Re’s brand standards. This includes developing communication strategies and content for tactical and operational initiatives. This role is responsible for developing social media posts, collaborating with departmental subject matter experts to write, edit and update corporate communications, including high-quality digital media content. This role follows agency mindset of collaboration with peer reviews to ensure quality control.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Collaborate with internal parties to create and edit content for various communications (i.e. presentations, reports, resource documents, website content, promotional materials).
- Manage the company’s social media presence on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook and report on key metrics.
- Proofread and edit content for simplicity, clarity, spelling and grammar.
- Enhance brand presence, strategic messages, and value proposition of various initiatives.
- Ensure messaging is on point for internal and external audiences.
- Identify cross-placement opportunities to increase consistency and emphasis of strategic and change messages.
- Develop and enhance templates for ease and efficient use.
- Create and distribute corporate announcements and surveys.
- Provide graphic design expertise on corporate communications content including logos, banners, signs, posters, infographics, animated presentations, documents and reports in accordance with Farm Mutual Re’s communication and brand standards.
- Contribute to the design and development of Farm Mutual Re’s websites and other online communication vehicles.
- Coordinate with departmental subject matter experts to create, update and improve web content so it adheres to brand standards and is accurate and relevant to audiences.
- Create content for other digital platforms.
- Monitor new and emerging web communications technologies and trends.
Your Skills and Qualifications:
- 1 to 4 years of experience in a communications-related role.
- A university degree or college diploma/degree in Communications, Marketing or related field.
- Demonstrated writing and editing skills for business communications.
- Exceptional interpersonal and verbal skills.
- Skilled at developing comprehensive communication strategies aligned to audience needs.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere), Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Power BI), Google Analytics, marketing campaign software (e.g., Mailchimp, Active Campaign). Some experience with web content management tools and online analytics.
- Expert social media administration and management skills (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Hootsuite).
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience with interactive media (e.g. video production) an asset.
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy.
Join Our Team!
Recognized as one of Waterloo Area’s Top Employers 2022 as well as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022, at Farm Mutual Re we are committed to inclusion for all and cultivating belonging where everyone can be their authentic and best selves. Operating since 1959, Farm Mutual Re is a general reinsurer, sharing in the property, automobile, liability and other risks originally accepted by insurance companies operating principally in Canada and the United States.
We’re passionate about empowering and supporting our employees and business partners. Our relationships are the foundation that help us advance the mutual insurance community. We take pride in giving back to our community and the environment. We hold ourselves accountable for the promises we make to our members, employees and business partners.
Our office is in Cambridge, Ontario off the 401 in a state-of-the-art, environmentally friendly building. Our employees enjoy perks that include complimentary access to an on-site gym, a variety of fitness classes, wellness coaching, a ping-pong table and mini massages as well as the flexibility to work remotely as we embrace the modern hybrid work environment. Our culture is supportive of achieving a balanced and healthy lifestyle. In addition to a great working environment, we invest in our employees continued professional development, offer a competitive salary, employer-paid benefits, pension plan and more.
How to Apply:
Don’t miss this opportunity to join our team. Visit our website and complete our Employment Application.
In accordance with our company values, Farm Mutual Re is committed to creating an equitable, diverse, and inclusive work environment for all, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or age.
Farm Mutual Re is committed to providing accommodations and to achieving a barrier-free workplace for individuals with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation to participate in our recruitment process, we will support you by considering your individual accessibility needs